Wings & Wheels is mainly staffed by a dedicated team of volunteers (now over 300) who come together in June, July and August to be a part of a unique airshow.
Volunteers, have fun, make friends and experience the electric atmosphere of Wings & Wheels. Join our amazing team of volunteers and you'll get...
- Free entry for yourself
- Free tea, coffee and water
- Extensive briefing and support on the day
- A great day out!
All we ask is that each volunteer commits to a minimum of three hours between 8am and 7pm. In their free time, we encourage volunteers to enjoy the air and motoring shows with unlimited access to the public arena.
In 2018 we are looking for volunteers to fulfil the following roles:
- Administrative & DIY support (May/June/July/August)
- Advanced sales
- Souvenir programme sales
- Raffle ticket sales
- Ticket checking
- Guest services
Volunteering not only helps the event and charities, but could be good for you too. By joining the Wings & Wheels team you'll get the opportunity to apply existing skills to different environments and get a taste of the Charity and Events industry.
Are you a student or graduate?
Volunteering is ideal for students looking to gain skills and experience in a competitive field.
Are you looking for work?
Then add something different and special to your CV and stand out from the crowd.
We'll keep you busy and engaged whilst you enjoy retirement.
Want to meet new friends and build confidence?
Our team will help you build confidence and feel good while making a big difference to the event.
Are you part of a club or group?
We need your help with key areas such as marshalling the 747 Tours, Military Zone Parade, Wheels Zone and Sid's Zone as well as customer services and programme selling. Mention your club or group whilst signing up and we'll do our best to position you together.
To be considered as a volunteer for the 2018 airshow please fill out our online application form here.
– Volunteers must be over the age of 18, however 16 and 17 year olds will be considered on a case by case basis and must have prior parent/guardian consent and supervision on event day. Please get in touch for more information by clicking here.
– If you are not a UK, EU or EAA national you must ensure that you have the right to volunteer in the UK.